Sunday, December 5, 2010

a trip I have been on

I am so lucky to have taken as many mission trips as I have.

I love traveling and meeting new people.

I also love vacationing and going to the beach.

I love road trips so much, no matter where they are to...

Because it is coming upon January I am going to write about a J-term trip I took with a group from my school to Paraguay two years ago.

I love how simply the people of Paraguay live, especially the Ache.  For part of the time we were there we were unexpectantly stuck at a missionaries house because the roads were too bad to drive on from rain. It is bad, but that was one of the highlights for me. Everyone else wanted to get to serving since that is why we were there but I had so much fun just hanging out at the house!


some cute Ache girls


one of the villages we visited


a party we had the last night we were there. It was so fun!!


my team in front of Iguazu Falls



me and an Ache girl! She was so sweet and loved to snuggle, I'll never forget her and her lice


It was such a good trip and one of the main things I learned is how I want to live my life as a servant.  In Paraguay, I had such a servants attitude and would always be so willing to sacrifice and eat whatever, sleep wherever, play with kids til my arms were noodles... but that wasn't a reflection of who I was at home. I would complain about such little things. I want to live my life in a way that I am so undeserving...

Photo credit to Brad Everett. I didn't take any pictures there so these are all his work!!

1 comment:

  1. cho urygatuvera. sounded it out phonetically. don't know what it means anymore. but it came to mind when i read your post. miss you a lot. wish you were here. love love.

    ReplyDelete