Thursday, January 6, 2011

power

Recently I have been praying that the Lord would show me His power.  At times this is a scary prayer because who knows how He will answer it! God is soo powerful and especially reading the Old Testament, whew... scary stuff (but I love how I can trust Him with His power and sovereignty).  It is so cool then to see the power of God portrayed in Jesus in the New Testament performing miracles and loving people powerfully. 

The past few months as I have been praying this, nothing crazy has happened BUT today I was reading in Isaiah and came upon this little versey verse.  I love how it speaks of God's power.

Isaiah 45:7
I create the light and make the darkness.  I bring prosperity and create disaster.  I, the Lord, am the one who does these things.

Also, thanks to the movie "Taken" I now shout out everything I see and hear when I am on the phone... for safety of course!

1 comment:

  1. that is a crazy cool verse cooch. God does have so so much power. thanks for sharin :)
    I miss all your deep and challenging thoughts!
    love you so much
    cant wait to see ya soon

    ReplyDelete