Tuesday, January 18, 2011

saturday in the park, i think it was the 4th of july (WELL, get your facts straight!!)

This weekend was awesome. My mom and Julie both came to visit. I love having visitors, it was so fun. I loved my time with both of them and our conversations and everything about it was great.  Julie and I went out with some of my hair school friends Saturday night to a bar.  It was funny and not our scene but I was glad to get to spend time with them. They are such great girls and I have seriously loved getting to know them better.  It is cool how special God made everyone and how He longs to be in relationship with them.  Gosh, I am excited to just see how my relationships with them grow and not even see them saved, but just get to know them as people.  I feel like sometimes we get this mentality (or at least I do) that our purpose in relationships with non-Christians is that they know God. While I think that is so important and is so much of our purpose as mankind... But I think God oftentimes has something different in mind for relationships with people.  That I can see my classmates as people who are worthy and who have so much to offer to me and that I want to know them because they are human beings and created by God, not so they can change.  We can't just go around wishing people were different and wanting to change them (even if it is a great change, like knowing God).  God loves the process of us growing and my prayer is that the girls are growing nearer to the Lord, but I can trust Him with that and just do my best to be myself and love them where they are at! I don't know if that made sense at all but just something stirring in my heart these days, well last few minutes really.

I will see my mom in February (which is nice) and my dad will be in Chicago tomorrow for business so he is taking me out to dinner after I get off work, I am excited for that.  I don't know when I will see Julie again and that makes me want to cry a hot tub for myself then swim in it (not just because I love hot tubs), but I know life must go on and so it is sad but good and exciting the places we have been together and the places we are each going on our own.


us out at dinner. I got the salad bar and ate so much salad because I have barely eaten veggies since I moved here... too expensive :)


me and julie at the bean with the city behind us


I ALSO GAVE JULIE MY FIRST REAL OFFICIAL SEXY PROFESSIONAL TRAINED TECHNICAL SALON HAIRCUT!! It was so fun and I loved doing it and it looked smokin' hot afterwards.  Nothing dramatic just took an inch off but it looked great and healthy after!

ALSO, this weekend was filled with visitors. My friend Scot from high school came with some of his buddies. Me and Julie spent a little bit of time with them. They were funny and really excited to be in Chicago... it's such a fun city!



1 comment:

  1. cooch, your heart is beautiful and you are so great! I think you really understand how God wants us to love people especially those who dont know Him. I love the things you learn and think about--- I glad that you blog because I can't just listen to you talk about em in our room anymore. sad.
    Don't ever stop bloggin! NEVER!
    Also, you should stop lying to me, it's bad for your health. Love ya

    ReplyDelete