Saturday, January 1, 2011

new years resolutions

This seems to be the hot topic amoung people these days... I like setting goals and I always want to challenge myself to be grow and do better things, but I also think if you know you are doing something wrong you should fix it right then.  Not wait for a new year.  Gosh, I should be a motivational speaker.  haha kiddin, everyone would be like, "She is so rude." But I really do think it is too easy to sit around and wait to change instead of just doing it.

Ok, but anyways here are some of my resolutions...
A#1 A1 steak sauce (this one was a joke) ok here we go...
1. Eat healthier...
2. Not think of myself so much and put other's interests before mine
3. Be thankful and not complain about anything!
4. To get my face on the fountain at Millenium Park

I am not much of a list girl so that is all I could come up with for now... 
Since being in Chicago I have really liked it.  It is fun to be on my own and although I miss my sister and parents and friends it has been great.  My new biggest city fear is that someone will push me on the train tracks while I am waiting for the train. It's so windy here!! I have loved being in a place where I don't feel safe because it keeps me constantly crying out for God.  So many times I have lived in a way that I am not in need of God and so this has been a great change!  Geesh, I want God to use me so much here.  It has been hard being in hair school and meeting new people and wanting them to know God but just not knowing my place in that.  I was reminded today that I want to live for eternity alone and not this life.  Recently God has taught me that it is about Him moving, not me seeing it.  I want to be ok with that that...  That I trust God is doing things and using me because I am seeking Him, and not having to have proof of it. 

I am overwhelmed by the thought that the Lord has always loved me perfectly. 

Other things I like about Chicago:
-Dunkin Donuts everywhere
-my room setup and my bed sheets (soo comfy)
-pizza
-hanging out with my great aunt jean
-my winter boots
-house warming gifts... thanks peeps!!
-going to cosmetology school
-my roommates
-public transportation

Since starting this post I have eaten two cookies and some rice krispies.  Looks like I'll be starting on my resolutions tomorrow.

Morgan and I taking a "bean" picture last year...

pretty city pic (morgan took these... she's hot behind the lense)

I can't wait for people to jump in front of my face like that***!!

****(see New Years resolution #4)

3 comments:

  1. love this post cooch!!!!
    Hank is crying in his crib right now bc you didnt give him a shout out of people you miss. Jordan is too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that part about you eating two cookies and rice crispies. Did u forget to mention the string cheese?
    #5- Be honest.
    :) just kiddin.
    I love you coochie and im so happy you like chicago so far. You look good on a bus in your winter boots wearing your black smock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness...where to start with my comments on this post.

    firstly, us freezing our butts off last year...that was silly but so worth it.
    secondly, i'm jealous you get to hang with aunt jean. tell her i want some 5 yr old chocolate alcohol.

    gosh...just picturing you bashing around chicago in ur cute boots and circle scarf. you better keep eating donuts cuz otherwise all the men in chicago are gonna be after you.
    i love our memories! and i can't wait till i see your face on the fountain!

    ReplyDelete