Wednesday, December 29, 2010

new and improved

I love my new blog layout.  My greatest pal Julie did the design at the top and I absolutely adore it.  It is so fun.  Julie is so cute and texted me saying is it ok it says Coochie. I said it is absolutely ok!! For those of you that don't know me as "Coochie" it is what my dad (and now many others) has called me since I was a little girl and I love it.  I think it is such a sweet nickname and I know that it can be slang for a lady part, I love nicknames and Coochie is one I have certainly grown fond of!

It is about time I dedicated a post to Julie.  She is such a great friend of mine.  I learn so much from her and her humble heart and the way she loves people.  She is filled with so much grace and I don't know that I will ever live with someone who shows me as much grace as Julie has.  She would wake me so many mornings as my alarm clock would blare.  She is so sweet and I am excited for her as she graduates college.  A funny story about Julie is when we were freshman at Taylor she hated conflict so much that once she cried into her closet and another time I found her under the bathroom sink (in our community bathroom) sobbing her little eyes out.  This is funny to talk about now because she has come so far in dealing with conflict and now she has so much boldness she has no problem calling me out!!

Julie, I, and some donuts our freshman year... (not the day she was crying her brains out!!)


Also, my blog isn't all that has been changing.  Since Christmas I have moved to Chicago and started Cosmetology School.  Two things that I love so far.  I hope that I never get sick of either.  I want to live my life in such a way that I love where I am and never get sick of it.  It is so easy to complain or get bored in our day to day but when we love the moment we are in it can transform the way we see our day.  I need to go to bed because the night hours seem to fly by and I don't want to be yawning the day away tomorrow...  But I will blog soon and fill you in on my adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment