Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You owe me nothing, I deserve hell, but You've given me mercy!!

I love my roommate, Susan. She is so sweet and so british. I love when we hug and she sneaks in a kiss on the cheek. I want to do that when I hug people because I think it is nice but I am kind of all over the place,  I am scared I would accidentally end up kissing someone on the lips or smoochin someone I shouldn't (like my teacher or boss or something).

She owns a spa and we were just talking about the industry and how we can relate on that level. She was talking about a guy she knows and how he is trying to really remove himself from the world.  I think that is great and I want to be set apart this side of eternity and not partake in a lot of things that are going on in the world because so much is so messed up and perverted (not only in a sexual sense but all kinds of gifts God wants to give us that we abuse and use wrongly).  As she was talking about it she was saying how this guy she knows kind of looks down on her being in the spa setting.  It was so freeing to talk to her about it and how hard it is...  Going throughout each day in the world is hard. I am constantly having to ask the Lord if the things I am saying are pleasing to Him, if I am handling myself in a way that brings Him honor, and that I am always careful about what jokes I laugh at and how I treat the people around me.  Don't get me wrong... I LOVE THE PLACE AND POSITION GOD HAS BROUGHT ME AND I WOULD NOT TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD. I FEEL FREEDOM IN IT AND COMPLETELY ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CAN BE MYSELF AND CAN FEEL GOD'S PLEASURE OVER ME IN IT, but it isnt a bed of roses (is that the right saying??). It is hard and at times I don't want to go to school and I just want to hang out with my friends that encourage me and pray for me all the day long, but I am so grateful that God, in His grace and mercy, trusts me with this.  What an honor!

Other than my emergency phone call game (previous blog) I thought of another one... Price is right CALORIES.  It's just like the Price is Right but instead of prices of items it would be calories in foods.  The only thing wrong with this is that no one cares OR people care too much....

That's all I have for now. Love ya, Carolyn (aka Hasbro)

2 comments:

  1. Dude. I love ya so much! This is just like what we were talking about on the phone! God definitelyyyyyy trusts you with the place He has put you right now and it's so cool to see you there! Youre sweet! ( as in cool, but also sweet like a doughnut) love youuuuuu

    ReplyDelete