Wednesday, November 24, 2010

my first love

I haven't fallen in love yet, other than with the Lord, which is good enough for me!  I do see Jesus as my first love and am so glad that He is the only thing that can satisfy me.  Learning that no man or relationship can satisfy me to the extent that the Lord does has been so beneficial in the way I view love and the way I desire a relationship.  I hope to fall in love with a dude one day, but I know that even then it will still be God who satisfies me.

I have dated a couple guys in my 21 years of life and the relationships have all been ok, but to put it politely I am thankful to not be in any of them anymore!!  What I hope for my first love is to start out with a good time of dating. I want the next guy I date to be someone who I really respect and really enjoy being around.  I want us to know each other well before we date, and not just jump into it.  That I can be myself around and that he challenges me to a higher standard of living.  I also want my relationship to be really pure physically.  It seems that in many relationships people are always wishing for the next stage.  That when people are dating they just want to engaged, and then when they are engaged they just want to be married. I pray I will enjoy each stage of my next relationship and really embrace the place I am in.  So boysss, come and get me! Just kidding!! Although I am excited to be with some lucky mister one day.

Just for kicks, here are pictures of all the guys I have dated. It is so funny for me to think about it and how far I have come since these. Thank you Jesus!

Michael Morrison c. 2006-2007 cause of breakup: his infidelity
Levi Stuckey c. a short time in 2007 cause of breakup: more like why did we ever date???
Shane Stuttle c. 2009 cause of breakup: a picture is worth 1000 words (see above) this is the only picture we have together


I hope none of them see this. That would be funny

3 comments:

  1. ha OK, first of ALL.
    Hahahahaha.
    Second, I cannot believe that you put I am glad not to be in those relationships anymore. I can just just imagine you saying this in addition, "no offense, ya know?" :)
    third, I am going to post this blog on mike morrisons wall... we are still friends on facebook. ha just kiddin
    I love you So much more after reading this blog, but I mean how is that even possible.

    Also, you forgot to mention that all future fellas will have to go thru me first, real intimidating- i know.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "cause of breakup"
    hhahahha...you would
    this is hilarious mixed with awkward mixed with freedom from jesus.
    that a great combination.

    love ya
    and i'm thankful for this post. (i wish i would of read this before dinner because then i'd having something cool to say when everyone goes around and says what they're thankful for)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you mean why did we ever date? number two was a stone cold fox. on a scale from one to sexy he was a winner. Id give him all my love his days would be filled with joy and his nights with passion.

    you let him slip through your fingers... you should be mad at your fingers

    yolo

    ReplyDelete