Friday, November 26, 2010

my parents

day 4: my parents. me and my sister have the same parents so instead of writing this section just read hers.

just kiddin! I wouldn't want to rob you guys of my thoughts on any issue in this 30 day challenge!

I am so blessed to have two parents who I enjoy spending time with.  I have loved growing older and being able to spend time with them.  They really are two of my favorite people in the world to be around. 

My dad is so great.  He leaves me the funniest voicemails ever! His are the only ones I have saved on my phone because they are too funny to delete.  I love that he calls me Coochie, I think it is so special.  He is such a great sibling to his brothers and sisters and a leader to our family.  I love the way he has stuck up for my mom over the years and never let my sister (never me) talk back to her.  I am so proud to call him my dad. As a little girl I always wanted him to know how much I loved him so I would send my blankey and little notes with him on business trips.  If anyone has seen my blankey this would seem to be an unflattering gift but I know he slept with it every night!!  :) Whenever he would get home from his  trips I would love to run and hug him.  He is such a good dad and husband to my mom. I am so grateful for him!


My mom is fun to be around too. She visited me at school just a couple weekends ago and it was so fun for me to have her there and meet my friends.  She is always up for doing something fun but also loves to veg out, which I love about her. I have so many fond memories of my mom and when I was little she would sometimes sing us the Lord's Prayer before bed and I remember thinking that she had the most beautiful voice in the world.  I love my mom's intuition. She has so much wisdom about life just through her "gut feel" and it is something that I always have to remind myself to listen to and ask her insight on situations.  I always roll my eyes when people say that mothers know best, but in her case it really is true.




I love the way my parents have supported me and allowed me to pursue whatever dreams I have. I've always felt so loved and special by them.  Thanks for loving meee mom and dad.

1 comment:

  1. gosh. that picture really just captures the sentimentalness of that whole post... :)
    They are such a hoot.

    ReplyDelete