Saturday, November 27, 2010

recipes

day 5:

Today's topic is our favorite recipe. I most definitely don't have a favorite recipe that I can make, YET. I am hoping that one day I can be a good little chef but until then I love microwave things and Kraft Mac & Cheese.  I am not much one for baking either. If I could get my hands on Mrs. Roelker's (our neighbor) secret Christmas cookie recipe I would sure be one for baking. I LOVE her cookies and every year when she brings them over my whole family goes wild.  Our other neighbor asked her for the recipe one year and she wouldn't share it.  It makes me love the cookies even more. I love when people have secret recipes and won't share them, I think it is the funniest thing ever.  I aspire to have that one day... my own secret recipe. But not like Bush's baked beans. That guy and his dog are annoying and I don't like baked beans.



Last Easter, my sister and I were having a pie baking contest. I love any sort of competition so we were both psyched to make the best pie. Mine was lemon meringue and hers was coconut cream.  We went to the grocery and were picking out everything and Elizabeth said that we should use shortening instead of corn starch.  Since she is a wife I trusted her... For those of you that don't know shortening is the baking term for "lard". Well both of our pies turned out inedible so neither of us won. But to this day I think she did it on purpose and would've preferred us to all be pie-less than me take home the gold.

1 comment:

  1. whatever.. we all know you put Bush's baked beans in your lemon meringue pie. sick.

    ReplyDelete