Wednesday, December 22, 2010

stress

Something that stresses me out... 

I am a very deep sleeper and can sleep through anything and so many times I won't hear my alarmS in the morning.  When this happens I tend to have such a bad day.  I start out rushed and have such a hard time just being ok with it.  One time I set my alarm for 9 o'clock in the morning and didn't end up hearing it until 4 that evening. I remember just crying because I felt as though without choosing, I had wasted a whole day of my life.

I oftentimes used to fear going to sleep not knowing when/if I would wake up (dramatic, but it was a real problem for me..).  It brings me so much joy that I don't have to fear anything and that I can trust the Lord to wake me... Not that I should go to bed really late and just hope that I hear my alarm, but that I can trust Him with each of my days.  One of my favorite verses is in Isaiah 50 and it really helped me to trust God about my sleeping.  When I read it for the first time I felt like God was speaking this verse as a promise to me so it is really special to me...

 4The Lord GOD has given me
   the tongue of those who are taught,
that I may know how to sustain with a word
   him who is weary.
Morning by morning he awakens;
   he awakens my ear
   to hear as those who are taught.
5
The Lord GOD has opened my ear,
   and I was not rebellious;
   I turned not backward.


...I also get stressed out when I don't get my way :)

1 comment:

  1. i do indeed like that last sentence, it is very true. I also feel jipped a little. After these last four years of awaking you, don't i deserve a little shout out? but it's ok, my treasure is in heaven- i know...

    ReplyDelete